Reduce emissions, minimize fuel and produce less noise with no compromise on apparatus features, performance, functionality and safety with an electric fire truck.
The revolutionary Volterra™ platform of electric vehicles meets the needs of your fire department while providing the operational performance you expect from your apparatus.
Whether driving or pumping, the operational benefits of the distinct power source solution provide transparent vehicle operational characteristics to the firefighter.
Oshkosh Patented Parallel-Electric Drive Train
- Electro-mechanical infinitely variable transmission (EMIVT).
- Integrated onboard batteries.
- Internal combustion engine (ICE) for continuous and uninterrupted power to the pumping system or drive system.
Industry-Leading Operational Range For Full-Shift Operation
Fire Station-Based Charging Infrastructure
On all Pierce electric fire trucks, an Oshkosh patented parallel-electric drivetrain featuring an EMIVT allows zero-emissions operation when powered by the integrated onboard batteries.
The electric fire truck chassis will operate independently in either the all-electric, or internal combustion engine modes. The EMIVT leverages either source of power to provide uninterrupted performance in extended emergency operations.
Operating using ICE
- ICE engagement is automated with seamless transition after batteries have been depleted.
- EMIVT allows for mechanical couple to the ground on ICE mode.
- EMIVT’s parallel electric drive is more efficient than a range extender.
Standardized Pierce pumping configurations, up to 2000 gpm, are driven through the EMVIT and are powered by either the integrated onboard batteries or the internal combustion engine.
The driveline allows for zero emissions during quick attack responses, and has the ability to transition seamlessly to internal combustion power for extended pumping operations.
- Standard controls and pump panel layout for operation in either mode
- Energy from either batteries or ICE, power the pump through the EMIVT.
- A distinct power source solution provides redundancy for transparent and continuous operational confidence.
- Loss of battery solution does not limit the pumping performance.
A fire station-based, all encompassing vehicle charging infrastructure provides operational readiness for Volterra electric fire trucks.
Charging solutions are tailored to provide an unobtrusive installation necessary for any station. Established nationwide energy experts offer simple, fast charging solutions capable of full electric fire truck recharge in less than 90 minutes.